Australian Thoroughbred Directory.com.au
NSW COVID-19 Cases – Update
In response to NSW positive COVID-19 cases that have been detected following the Northern Beaches COVID-19 cluster, Racing NSW has taken the following steps to minimise the risk of COVID-19 spreading into the NSW Racing Industry. These updated protocols are to be read in conjunction with previous notices.
• In compliance with the NSW Public Health Order, any person living in the Northern Beaches of NSW must not attend a NSW racecourse or licensed premises until further notice.
• Any person who has attended the venues listed below must not attend a NSW racecourse or licensed premises until they have complied with the requirements below.
• Maintaining of jockey/official zones on raceday.
• Jockeys rooms to ensure that only one person per 4 square metres and jockeys separated by region.
• Mandatory face masks to be worn by all licensed Essential Personnel, Media and Officials at race meetings and barrier trials conducted in the Greater Sydney Area, including the Central Coast (Gosford/Wyong) and Wollongong (Kembla Grange).
• Strong recommendation that participants wear face masks when at trackwork in the Greater Sydney Area, including the Central Coast (Gosford/Wyong) and Wollongong (Kembla Grange).
• Owners prohibited from attending trackwork and licensed premises (trainers stables).
Queensland closes border to
The Queensland Premier yesterday slammed
shut the state’s border to residents of Greater
Sydney effective from 1am this morning, casting
doubt on whether owners, trainers and agents
from the region will be able to attend next
month’s Magic Millions Gold Coast Yearling
Sale. Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, on the
advice of the state’s chief health officer, reacted
to the worsening Covid-19 outbreak in Sydney’s
northern beaches in recent days by declaring it
a hot spot and closing the border. It is unclear
at this stage how long the border closure will be
in place and whether exemptions will be able
to be granted for racing industry participants
to be able to attend the Gold Coast sale. In
November, a contingent of Sydney agents was
granted a one-day exemption to be able to
undertake inspections for the Magic Millions
2YOs In Training Sale but they were required to
social distance at the complex. Importantly for
vendors and buyers intending on participating
in the sale, a significant number of on-farm
inspections have been undertaken throughout
the Hunter Valley, southern NSW, Victoria and
Queensland ahead of the seven-day auction
which starts on January 12.
Racing Victoria alters Covid protocols
Racing Victoria yesterday announced a number
of changes to the biosecurity protocols in place
to allow for the safe continuation of racing
and training during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Licensed participants, who are required to
undergo 14 days of quarantine having returned
from the Greater Sydney area and the Central
Coast of New South Wales, will need clearance
from the stewards before being permitted to
attend any racecourse or licensed premises
at the conclusion of their quarantine period.
Licensed participants who spent time in
Greater Sydney or the Central Coast on or from
December 11 who have already returned to
Victoria are directed to contact the stewards
immediately and to self-isolate as they will be
required to submit a negative Covid test before
being permitted entry to licensed premises.
Any owners who spent time in Greater Sydney,
the Central Coast or Northern Beaches of
NSW on and from December 11 are not
permitted to enter a Victorian racecourse or
licensed premises until otherwise advised. As
has been the case throughout the pandemic,
transportation of horses from NSW to Victoria
is allowed provided the horses are transported
by an approved float company. RV plan to
continue to monitor the situation in NSW
closely and make changes to biosecurity
protocols as required
Ratings Results 17th July:
Randwick:: Mr Hussill top rater $5 sp $11; Fastconi top rater $5.50 sp $5.50 ; Le Chevalee top rater $3.50 sp $2.20 ; Blondeau 2nd top rater $4.25 sp $3.40; War Eternal 2nd top rater $5 sp $3.60;
Flemington: I'm Thunderstruck top rater $2.75 sp $4.20; Seiners Express 2nd top rater $7.50 sp $8.50
Eagle Farm: Tears of Love top rater $4.50 sp $12; Release The Beans top rater $2.50 sp $2.70; Shooting for Gold top rater and sectional times $2.38 sp $1.50; Dreamreacher top rater $4.25 sp $3.40; Boomsara 2nd top rater $5 sp $4/60;
Morphettville: Lombardo top rater $2.63 sp $1.80; Mac n Cheese 2nd top rater $6.50 sp $1.95; Great Diviner 2nd top rater $4.50 sp $3.50